As part of the reorganization of The Glow Girl brand this past month, I’ve been taking the time to purge all the things in my life that do not serve me (think Marie Kondo…if it does not spark joy, then it’s OUT)! I am in the process of organizing my office space, home, photos, employees, work projects and just about everything in between—and, slowly but surely I’m getting there! While I’m still in the throes of this massive reorg, I’ve learned a lot lately by reviewing my blog analytics and see that most of you are enjoying my wellness content! So, this years Galentine’s Day gift guide is focused on all things stylish wellness from the most delicious and effective CBD chocolates to some of the best clean beauty and self-care products! With this fun “girls day” around the corner on February 13th, it’s a perfect time to shop for your special friends with gifts that encourage self-love and enhance overall health and wellness!
Spoil the special ladies in your life with my top 10 Galentine’s Day Gift picks below. Scroll down for descriptions and why I think these products are best in class!
Click on the photos directly to shop!
Essential Oils Diffuser: The Aroma Gem Saje Diffuser is the perfect ultrasonic diffuser as it helps create a soothing environment and adds a bit of modern decor to any home. This diffuser revitalizes the air space by using 100% plant-based and beneficial essential oil blends. Benefits include the release of negative ions to elevate well being.
Best Natural Skincare Kit: The Kopari Beauty Face the Day & Night Coconut Care Essentials Kit is a great cult beauty gift for any friend who loves to pamper themselves. The clean beauty kit includes Kopari’s best coconut skincare system and it even has pink packaging to make the Galentine’s Day theme complete.
CBD Infused Dark Chocolate Truffles: I love the Calivolve Dark Chocolate Restore CBD Truffles and they are a perfect twist on the classic luxury chocolate gift for Galentine’s Day. These vegan, gluten-free, dark chocolate treats have added adaptogens and superfoods that make them restorative and nourishing for the mind and body. They come in three flavors (cherry is my favorite) and are presented in a gorgeously designed box! The brand also makes a line of THC infused chocolates for girls who like yummiest edible Cannabis treats (California only). Use code GLOWGIRL10 for 10% off your entire Calivolve order!
Water Bottle with Crystal Stone: The Glaace Crystal Elixir Water Bottles promote positivity and purification with the all-natural, energizing effects of raw crystals. A pure crystal stone is inside each glass bottle, creating an elixir that supports revitalization and clarification of the mind and body. The luxurious and beautiful bottle is perfect for your spiritual and fit gal friend.
Softest, coziest PJ’s: Encourage your special friend to relax in her pj’s all day by giving her a pair of these chic leopard print ones by PJ Salvage. They are SUPER soft and the perfect loungewear pieces to stay in all day long! I lived in mine during my trip to Cuba.
Massage Roller: The Worm Roller is a great gift for an active or athletic girlfriend who could use some instant muscle release by rolling out all the kinks! The compact size make this a perfect travel companion. too—I used mine throughout my trip to Cuba and Miami to roll out stiff muscles and it was a true lifesaver!
Clean Eating Cook Book : The Clean Plate book by Gwyneth Paltrow delves into the power of clean eating, focusing on her exclusive recipes and tips. I recently ordered her book and can’t wait to try some new dishes that are healthy, clean and delicious.
Rose Glow Drops Face Oil: A bottle of the Olie x Melissa Meyers Rose Glow Drops Daily Radiance Face Oil is the perfect gift to give to your bestie! This light-weight formula will leave her skin with that perfect, dewey glow—it deeply moisturizes with the purest ingredients and is loaded with antioxidants. $5 from every purchase is donated to Project Angel Food. Use code GLOWGIRL10 for 10% off RoseGlow Drops face oil and all Olie face oils.
Energizing Beaded Bracelets: This Karen Lazar gold beaded bracelet mixes style with the healing properties of labradorite beads and it’s the perfect accessory to layer with other bracelets for every day wear. These crystals have healing properties that are linked with the third eye chakra, the energy field that ignites spiritual expansion and higher levels of the mind and spirit. Use code GLOWGIRL10 for 10% off all Karen Lazar jewelry. You can check out some other cute gemstone bracelets and more jewelry here.
Travel Perfumes Made with Natural Essential Oils: I love giving the Sage Lifestyle Perfumes as gifts because they are packaged as beautifully as they smell. They are housed in a small roller ball bottle, perfect for those who are always on the go. My fave scents are Onyx and Diamond (they are intoxicating)! I am allergic to many department store perfumes so discovering these natural scents were a serious find for me! Use code GLOWGIRL10 for 10% off all natural perfume oils and all products when ordering from the website here!
I hope you enjoy giving one of these to a special friend. I would love to hear your feedback on some of these ideas and if you have some things to add to the list, please do so in the comments below!
Wishing you all a Happy Galentine’s Day!
Galentine’s Day Gift Guide
Happy 2019 Glow Girls! I hope you are all recharged and ready to get your game on for the new year. We all know how important it is to stay active as we get older (and wiser)! Leading an active lifestyle helps us stay mentally balanced, healthy, and focused! I usually make it a priority to start off my day with some form of exercise whether it’s yoga, The Class by TT, Soul Cycle, pilates, tennis, a hike or even a brisk walk. I always feel happier and more productive after starting my morning with some type of physical activity and love the endorphin rush that goes along with it! Below are some tips that help me stay motivated and active on a consistent basis. Plus, check out my favorite activewear looks to rock from the gym to around the town.
1. Buy a ClassPass and try a variety of the classes in your area. Once you find the ones that work best for you, it will be easier to stick to your commitment to work out on a regular basis.
2. Try to exercise in the morning so the day does not get away from you. When I miss my morning workout window, chances are I will not get one in that day!
3. Switch it up and cross train so you don’t get bored. This will also help you stay in the game long term. I try to do something different each day of the week.
4. Treat yourself to a new workout outfit to feel like you look your best when hitting the gym or exercise class. You can find some of the best styles and selection at Bandier and Carbon 38. My favorite brands include PRISMSPORT, ULTRACOR, Sweaty Betty, Koral and Alo Yoga! Shopbop has a ton of great fashion activewear styles to choose from too.
(Scroll down to see and shop more activewear looks).
5. Try intermittent fasting or eating strategically. There are many forms of it so see if there is one that you feel comfortable trying. I am currently cutting out breakfast by doing the 16 hour fast. I feel so much more energized and lost 3 pounds in a few weeks time. For some more guidance and information, read the newest book released by Dr. Mike Roizen and Dr. Mike Crupain, What to Eat When. I just received it myself from Amazon. According to the book, when you eat is as important as what you eat-I can’t wait to dive into it for more tips to help me maximize my energy levels throughout the day.
6. Roll out your muscles with a moderate density foam roller. My favorite one was developed by fascia and alignment expert Lauren Roxburgh and I like to roll out my muscles in the morning before I exercise and again at night. Daily rolling improves blood circulation and decreases inflammation. It also tones the body while providing a regenerative massage. You can learn more about the benefits of foam rolling and how to achieve best results from Lauren’s book Taller, Slimmer, Younger: 21 Days to a Foam Roller Physique .
7. Set goals for yourself but do it in baby steps. Make sure to pace yourself and build up to your optimal cardio or muscle toning capacity by pushing yourself just a little harder each time you do something physical. Be sure to pay attention when you body tells you that it’s tired.
8. Wear an Apple Watch to help you track your fitness levels and activity. Not only do they look great but can help you to stay motivated and reach your fitness goals.
9. Make sure to get enough sleep. I know that I need 7-8 hours a day in order to feel rested and ready for the day. If you have the time and access, try taking a 20-minute cat nap during the day to restore your energy!
10. We all know that we should be drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day! I personally do not love the taste of water so to help me get the required amount daily, I add a dropper of the Pure Inventions water enhancer drops into my water bottle. I’m obsessed with the coconut and many of the antioxidant fruit flavors! The taste is subtle but it’s just enough to make drinking water delicious plus these drops are free of sugar, calories, gluten, caffeine, artificial colors and sweeteners!
What motivates you to get to stay active and what are your fitness goals for 2019? Also, if you have any questions regarding this post or experience with intermittent fasting, please feel free to ask in the comments below!
Happy New Year and keep glowing girls!
Lately I’ve been on a Kopari Beauty kick as I am a huge fan of the natural body care line for over a year now! When I heard about their aluminum-free coconut oil deodorant, I was excited to road test it when they gifted it to me along with some of their best-selling products.
So now I’m hooked on this all-natural deodorant—it’s 100% plant-based, contains zero baking soda, parabens, or silicone and, it glides on clear and isn’t sticky! Its fresh coconut milk smell is incredible and like no other deodorant I’ve ever used. It’s hard to find all-natural products that work well and smell fabulous, so I am truly thrilled with Kopari Beauty’s products!
Click here and use code SMELLYALATER to get an additional 20% off Kopari Beauty’s Coconut Deo!
The Kopari Coconut oil deodorant is a unique blend of coconut water, coconut oil, and sage oil that conditions and soothes your underarms. It’s like skincare for your pits! :)
Other Kopari Beauty Products I’ve been loving:
Coconut Rose Toner- this toner is filled with antioxidants, has rose and lavender extracts, and works to reduce redness and calm the skin. I keep it in my gym bag to stay refreshed after my morning workouts!
Coconut Lip Glossy- this non-sticky lip balm is super hydrating and offers the perfect amount of shine. I’ll either use it on top of a favorite lipstick before I go out, or I’ll use it alone to keep my lips moisturized throughout the day. Kopari Beauty also has tinted lip glosses that I’m excited to try!
Coconut Shower Oil- this vegan shower oil is another must have! I love it because it’s gentle on my skin and is sulfate and paraben free! I keep it in my shower and use it daily!
Coconut Crush Scrub- this brown sugar scrub is infused with Tahitian coconut shells to that exfoliate your skin, leaving it super soft and hydrated. I use this weekly in the bath or shower and before I self-tan.
Click on any of the images in the carousel below to shop my look from Sweaty Betty!
As I start to adopt more clean skincare and beauty products into my routine, I will always keep you in the loop because it’s so important to know what you’re putting onto and into your body!
What are some of your favorite all natural, toxic-free products? Please share in the comments!